Nobody wants to see the first signs of skin aging. Fine lines, deep creases, wrinkles, age spots, sagging skin and generally tired looking skin are the things you do not want to see when you face the mirror. Even though treatments and procedures are already available for people to try, most people want to maintain the original condition of their complexion as much as possible. They say, prevention is better than cure. This principle can also be applied if you want to prevent or reduce the chances of premature aging.
Here are surefire ways to reduce the possibility of premature skin aging that you can do right now.
- Eat a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and anti oxidants. Always include fruits and vegetables in your daily meals. Avoid eating food that has a high content of oil and saturated fats. Resist snacking on junk food. Fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries have anti oxidants that are good for the health and skin. Food that is rich in vitamin A, B3, C, and E can also act as protective barriers for your skin against harsh outside elements.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water is truly good for you. Water is a good way to flush toxins inside the body. It cleanses your system and also hydrates your skin from the inside. Making sure that you drink up enough water everyday can avoid skin dehydration. It can also help in the evening out of fine lines and removing those pesky spots on the face.
- Protect your skin from the harmful UV rays by using sunscreen. Exposing your skin to the sun is the surest way to damage the skin. It can cause sunburn and may also lead to several skin related illnesses. The sun block cream acts as a protective layer against the harmful effects of sun exposure. It can also prevent you skin from further damage. If you are the type of person who enjoys the outdoors, make sure that you are using a formulation that has a high SPF factor.
- Moisturize your skin daily. It would only take a few minutes anyway. Keeping your skin moisturized can prevent your skin from being dry. Dry skin is unhealthy skin. It makes the skin look dull and flaky. When you have dry skin, it is also more prone to wrinkles. See to it that you are using a good moisturizer everyday.
- A healthy lifestyle can do more good than harm. Your skin may succumb to premature aging when you follow an unhealthy lifestyle and if you are under a lot of stress. Save your skin and health by eating a well balanced diet. Refrain from taking the elevator and climb the steps instead. Exercising regularly promotes a sound health condition. Quit smoking while you still can. The toxins that come with every cigarette stick are not only hazardous to your body but also the skin. Get enough rest and sleep.