There are countless manufacturing companies that cater to the beauty product market. When choosing facial and other cosmetic products, sometimes it can be daunting and overwhelming. In addition to this, some products are effectively marketed to the public, thus increasing in demand and sales. This, however, is no means an indication or result in its effectiveness. Many beauty products out there fail to deliver on what they had promised and in some cases, even cause more damage to the skin. For this reason, it is important to make the necessary research in order to identify the type of facial cream that produces positive results.
People’s skin type varies from one another. Due to this, not all facial creams are effective to all types of skin types. It is important to determine a person’s skin type before making any facial cream purposes. There are five categories of skin types: Sensitive, Normal, Dry, Oily and Combination.
Types of Skin
- Sensitive Skin. People with sensitive skin has a complexion that is slightly translucent and the capillaries are very much visible. Due to the sensitivity of the skin, products should be hypoallergenic which contains only natural ingredients. People with sensitive skin should test the product in a small portion of the skin to determine if it is safe enough to use.
- Normal Skin. This skin type is the most ideal and sought after due to its small pores that are almost none existent and soft and supple skin. People with a normal skin type essentially do not have pimples and pimple breakouts are a rare occurrence. Choosing a facial cream for this type of skin is very easy and since most creams in the market cater to normal skinned individuals.
- Dry Skin. People with dry skin are more prone to acquiring wrinkles and fine lines than any other skin type. Due to the absence of moisture, their skin is in constant state of dehydration, making it appear greyish, dry and flaky. For those individuals with this skin type, it is advisable to choose products with ample moisturizing properties to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Oily Skin. Individuals with oily skin are most prone to pimple break outs that lead to acne. Their skin has visibly enlarged pores that can lead to blackheads and whiteheads. Even after thoroughly cleaning the face, it immediately starts to oil up again. People with this skin type are advised to wash the face twice a day and exfoliate at least once a week to prevent the oils, dead skin cells and dirt to block the large pores. Water based creams is the most ideal product for Oily skinned people to keep their skin moisturized without clogging the pores.
- Combination Skin. People with a combination skin type usually have oily skin in the T-zone area and dry skin in the rest of the face. It is quite difficult to find facial creams that cater to this skin type due to its specific needs. It is advised to use moisturizing creams only on the dry parts to prevent premature wrinkling of the skin and the appearance of fine lines. Toners and water based products should only be utilized in the T-Zone area to prevent pore blockage and further pimple breakouts.
Before purchasing and committing to a facial cream product, it is wise for a person to determine what skin type he or she has. In this manner, not only is the right product purchased, big savings is acquired by no longer buying whatever products are available and eventually become a human lab rat.